- Doctor of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (DAOM).
- OMD, Surgeon, OB/GYN Specialist in China.
- 25 Years of Experience in Hospital & Clinical Practice.
- California Licensed Acupuncturist & Herbalist.
- National Board Certified Provider of Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine, Oriental Medicine & Biomedicine (NCCAOM).
- National Certified Surgical Technologist.
Medical Background & Professional Experience
After 5 years of medical training in both Oriental and Western Medicine, Dr. Meng earned her medical degree from Changchun University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 1992. She completed her residency and extensive training at the same university’s hospital and then worked as an Oriental Medical (OMD) and OB/GYN doctor in Changchun Luyuan Hospital and Shanghai Jiangong Hospital. Through ten years of practice in China, Dr. Meng integrated the best of western medicine into the oriental techniques of acupuncture and herbal treatment, offering her patients a variety of health care. She was a fellow physician of Acupuncture, Oriental Medicine and Surgeon of OB/GYN.
In 2002, after a period of study in Japan, Dr. Meng brought her skills to the US to further continue her medical career. She passed California Acupuncture Board Exam in 2005 and continued to advance her medical skills. She learned the latest technology in surgery and accomplished the special training in Duke University Hospital, North Carolina University Hospital and WakeMed Hospital in 2009, in the mean while, she passed National Board exam for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and received her license of Oriental Medicine from NCCAOM. Her credentials qualified her to practice Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in almost every state of U.S.
Dr. Meng had been working in the Operating Room of Kaiser Permanente for two years and assisted a variety of surgical procedures including orthopedics, spine and neuron. Utilizing her extensive medical knowledge and skills, Dr. Meng had helped thousands of patients with difficult-to-treat conditions. She brings a new, vibrant and healthy life for her patients and a new hope for their families. New Life Acupuncture & Herb center is awarded the best acupuncture clinic of 2015 in South Pasadena, California.
In 2015, after extensive clinic development in pain management & medical research on infertility, Dr. Meng accomplished her dissertation about Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture assisted IVF and earned her doctoral degree of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
- Member of California Alliance of Acupuncture Medicine
- Pain Management: headaches, migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, neck pain, shoulder pain, back pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, knee pain, ankle pain sciatica, arthritis
- Sports Injuries: sprain, contusion
- Reproductive system: infertility for both male and female, mal-position of fetus, IVF-assisted acupuncture, amenorrhea, dysmenorrheal, PMS, PCOS, fibroids, menopause, impotence and low libido
- Respiratory system: asthma, allergy, sinusitis
- Digestive system: heartburn, constipation, diarrhea, IBS, cholelithiasis
- Endocrine system: Diabetes, hyperthyroid, hypothyroid
- Cardiovascular system: palpitation, hypertension
- Autoimmune system: multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia
- Nerve system: Bell’s palsy, shingles, post-stroke recovery
- Emotional disorders: tress, anxiety, depression, panic attack
- Skin disorder: eczema, acne, psoriasis
- Weight Loss
- Insomnia, poor memory, Alzheimer’s disease
- Quit smoking
- Facial rejuvenation
- And more